Altburg


Hirsau


Holzbronn


Stammheim

Calw. the town with quality of life

Calw and its communities

The small shops, street cafés, galleries and pubs blend harmoniously into the historic assembly of half-timbered houses in Calw’s town centre, thus creating a very pleasant ambience. To the east of the town centre lies Heumaden; with 5,089 inhabitants it is the largest and also the youngest community belonging to Calw. Nestling between meadows and forests north-west of the town centre is the community of Alzenberg with its 1,007 inhabitants. The village was incorporated into the town of Calw as early as 1935 and is thus the “oldest” town district. Next to it is Wimberg with its 2,177 inhabitants and its innovative eco-housing estate built directly on the edge of the forest.

Stammheim

Stammheim with its 4,786 inhabitants is situated on the border between the Black Forest and the Gäu. With its settlement history dating back to the 5th century BC, Stammheim is one of the oldest places in the administrative district of Calw. Today, Stammheim is a lively community with its very own flair. It is home not only to a grammar school and other educational institutions but also to the Calw outdoor adventure pool.

Holzbronn

To the south of Calw, situated on a plateau of the Gäu and surrounded by orchards is the smallest community belonging to Calw (750 inhabitants). Founded around 1150 by the Counts of Calw, Holzbronn has been able to retain its charming rural character. The church of St. Bernhard with its unconventional pagoda-like tower is well worth a visit. Its tranquil setting and proximity to the surrounding industrial areas makes the village a popular place to live, offering excellent quality of life.

Hirsau

Downstream, 3 km away from the town centre and located in one of the most appealing sections of the Nagold valley is Hirsau with its 2,197 inhabitants and its neighbouring community Ernstmühl. Thanks primarily to its renowned monastery ruins this health-resort with its healthy bracing climate and spa gardens is a popular destination for excursions and recreation. In the tiniest of areas it combines culture and history with countryside and nature.

Altburg

To the west of the town centre, on a plateau between the rivers Nagold and Enz is the community of Altburg with its 2,675 inhabitants and its formerly affiliated hamlets Weltenschwann, Speßhardt, Oberried and Spindlershof. Seen from afar, the village skyline is distinguished by the tower of the church of St. Martin, which dates back to the 12th century. In the lovingly furnished Farmhouse Museum visitors get an insight into the rural lifestyle and old Black Forest traditions of days long gone-by.

Große Kreisstadt Calw
  • Stadtverwaltung Calw
  • Marktplatz 9
  • D-75365 Calw
  • Telefon: +49 7051 167-0
  • E-Mail: info@calw.de
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass unsere Dienste Cookies verwenden. Mehr erfahren OK